Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yummy granola recipe

I actually made something I saw on tv.... I was watching Tyler's Ultimate (Tyler Florence) on Food Network while the kids napped yesterday and he was making parfaits with homemade granola. The granola looked yummy that I scavenged my kitchen and it turned out I had everything needed to make this granola (with a few minor changes)!

I changed up the recipe just a little from the original.

Here are the changes I made:

* I substituted sunflower seeds for flax seeds because I didn't have any flax
* I used 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 maple sugar instead of all brown sugar
* I also did not add any dried fruit to it because I had to leave the house as soon as I took it out of the oven and by the time I came home 4.5 hours later, it was obviously already cool and I couldn't be bothered!
* Because I live at high altitude and things tend to take FOREVER to bake, I baked for 20 min. on the recommended 300F and then raised the temp. to 325F for the remaining 20 minutes and it turned out perfectly!!

You should give it a try. It was super easy and turned out to be very yummy. I even had some in my yogurt this morning!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Feliciano said...

Love your can-do attitude! I wish I were so motivated. But I do my part. This month on my blog www.momtrends.blogspot.com I'm focusing on "going green." Every month I have a theme and a contest. The contest this month is giving away 10 sets of Duracell rechargeable batteries and a recharger. Check it out!