Monday, June 16, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 6/15/08

Last week didn't work exactly as planned. I actually only cooked 3 meals.... We had a super busy week last week!

Michael is going to school on Tuesdays from 6-10pm and Jacob has t-ball practice at 6, so Tuesdays are difficult for me. I have to get dinner ready for the kids and I, get us fed, the kitchen cleaned, Eli's diaper changed and diaper bag ready (he goes to child watch while I stay with Jacob at practice) and be out the door by 5:40, so I've skipped cooking anything fancy (even though I'm sure Michael would like to have leftovers for Wednesday....) and just turned to something quick and simple.

This week isn't as busy, so Tuesday should be my only crazy day!

Here's my menu plan for the week: (I've decided to just list the meals, rather than assigning them a day because I'm finding that I change my menu around nearly every week anyway. This way I can just choose the meal I want to prepare for that day). Oh, and Eli is officially off dairy for the long haul. We finished up the elimination diet this weekend. He did a week off everything (and was itch-free w/in just a few days), then we added soy, eggs and wheat back individually and waited a week in between each with no reaction whatsoever. On Thursday we added dairy back and by Sunday he was itchy, scratchy and complaining that it hurt again. Ahhhh, so we finally have an answer!!! My meals will all be either completely dairy free or at the very least Eli's portion will be dairy free...

* Pizza (I have a couple of frozen ones to use up and will make a homemade one with rice cheese for Eli)
* Spaghetti
* Chicken nachos (with chicken, beans, Colby cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa over corn chips) oh and fresh cilantro from my garden!!
* Stir Fry veggies over brown rice (carried over from last week)
* Beef tacos (seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa over flour tortillas)
* Pasta with stewed tomatoes

It's not a very diverse or veggie heavy meal plan, but I'm using up some things on hand and on Tuesday I'll go to the Farmer's market and see what veggies I can score. I'm anxiously awaiting the tomatoes and lettuce that are almost ready in my garden. Peppers are behind a little and strawberries are struggling.....

Remember to visit I'm An Organizing Junkie for more meal plans.

No comments: