This week's menu has been scouted carefully. I spent 2 hours at the library on Thursday evening reading many books on feeding my 'possibly' allergic Eli. Now that I have all my ducks in a row we have officially undertaken the elimination diet. Here are the things we are removing for 2-3 weeks - eggs, dairy, gluten, soy. The sad part is that his birthday party falls in this time period so I will be making him some special cupcakes and everyone else will have a storebought cake. Also, I don't normally cook on the weekends but due to the elimination diet and my frugal post, we are foregoing eating out for a while.
* Monday: Homemade pizza with spelt crust and rice cheese on Eli's portion.
* Tuesday: Eggs and toast for everyone except Eli - he will have either gluten/dairy free waffles or some other breakfast-ish item
* Wednesday: Spaghetti made with brown rice pasta, homemade yeast rolls (recipe from one of the library books)
* Thursday: Creole red beans and rice
* Friday: Baked chicken, potato salad (none for Eli because I use eggs and mayo in it) and steamed corn on the cob
* Saturday: Tacos with homemade tortillas (recipe from one of the library books)
* Sunday: Leftovers
I would have linked you to the recipes for the spelt pizza crust and the red beans and rice but recipezaar is down (has been for the last few days) and I can't get to the recipes. I hope I can get to them when I need them OR hopefully I wrote them down in my recipe box already!!!
Remember to hop on over to Laura's site for more wonderful menu plans for this week!