Friday, May 23, 2008

Cloth diapering - part 3

The final installment in my series of our cloth diapering with a toddler journey. You can read part 1 and part 2 to catch up, if you like.

As I said in my last post, I am enjoying this new phase of life. If only Eli would decide that he thinks feeling wet is yucky, then we might be on the road to potty training, but alas, he just really doesn't care at this point. He's going to be one of those kids that really, truly won't potty train until he's ready. I don't even bother right now. Seriously, he'll be 2 on Monday and has ZERO interest, so I'm not forcing the issue. I was hoping he'd be potty trained before the baby arrives in September (he'll be 27 mo. then) because Jacob was completely trained before Eli was born (Jacob was 28 mo. when Eli was born).... oh well.

I recently found some used Mother-ease one size diapers on Craigslist for super cheap, so I went and got them. Let me tell you, I cannot express how much I love them. I mostly use them (with my Bummis covers) for outings or when he's going to be in the nursery at church or in child care at the gym. Because he weighs 33 1/2 lbs (as of last week's checkup), he is on the largest setting but he can afford to grow a tad and they'll still fit!

He still wears prefolds with covers sometimes at home, but the Mother-ease diapers are wonderful! I use a homemade insert in all the diapers. The photo above is the Mother-ease diaper with my insert and it's sitting on top of the velcro Bummis cover.

The WAHM pocket diapers I bought online are also a breeze. She includes a 3 layer micro terry insert with each of her diapers and was gracious enough to send me one extra insert at no extra charge! I love them too! I only have 2 of them though so they are reserved for nighttime use. We've only had one nighttime leak with them so far. But since I only have two of them, I use a disposable on the off night if I haven't washed diapers in 3 days.

No comments: