Friday, July 11, 2008

Cow appreciation day at Chick-Fil-A

Today was cow appreciation day at Chick-Fil-A. If you dressed like a cow, you got free food! The only rules/regulations were if you were 'cowed' from head to toe you got a free meal of your choosing and if you were only 'cowed' on a part of your body (ie. cow mask or hooves and gloves, etc.) you got a free entree of your choice.



I thought it out earlier in the week after Michael told me that he had to attend
a work function until approx. 9pm tonight. So, I decided this would be something fun that the kids and I could do to kill the time and maybe give Jacob a few fun memories! I decided to use black construction paper to cut out spots to be taped all over their bodies and found an idea for a mask here.


Oh, and Michael informed me that a friend/co-worker needed me to watch her daughter this evening while they were at this event. So, I cleared the trip to Chick-Fil-A with her mom and she joined us in our fun.








While Jacob was at summer camp this morning, Eli and I worked on putting the masks together and Eli colored his while I made "A's". After Jacob got home from summer camp and had his nap, he colored in his. I then punched holes in the sides and fitted them to their heads with pipe cleaners rather than using craft sticks for them to hold.



I had to wait until we got to the mall to tape all the spots on everyone because they wouldn't stick well enough to make the trip..... Eli tore all of his spots off before we ever even got in the mall and he wouldhave nothing to do with putting that mask on his face, therefore, I have no photos of him 'cowed-up'!

1 comment:

Teresa H. said...

This is so cute and such a great idea. What a crafty Mom you are. This is Teresa, btw, I wrote on Beth's blog the other day and thank you so much for your kindness. I live in Gleneagle not far from the Academy's north gate. please feel free to contact me- I don't how to give you my e-mail without the whole world seeing it- a little technically illiterate! My husband will be gone for the holidays too so all the support to be shared is a good thing-especially from someone who can relate. Thanks again for your kind words- they meant the world to us.
Take care, Teresa