Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I'm following the lead of another Laura and posting my menu plan for the week. I have been writing out my weekly menus off-and-on for a while and decided that its better for the budget to stick with it. This way I buy only the foods I need to make the next 2 weeks worth of meals (or use things I already have) and any snack or kid type things we've run out of since the last grocery shopping adventure. I only shop 2x per month for the big stuff and try to go once in between each major trip for fresh fruits and veggies, so this will definitely help me buy more intentionally. I'm really anticipating the first Tuesday in May, though, so I can start shopping at the local Farmer's Market each week for locally grown produce at a much better price than the organic items at the health food store.

So here is my menu for this week:

Monday - pancakes, eggs, toast (we love to have breakfast for dinner on occasion)

Tuesday - Homemade tacos with all the trimmings (including homemeade salsa!)

Wednesday - Lemon chicken with dried figs and steamed veggies

Thursday - Shepherd's pie

Friday and Saturday - we typically eat out or use up what's hanging out in the fridge on Friday and Saturday.

Sunday - chicken enchiladas

I typically try to make something on Sunday thru Thursday that will provide left overs for Michael to take to work the following day. However, tonights meal of pancakes/eggs will not make leftovers. I need to use up some eggs and I have to go grocery shopping still (which I will do after dinner tonight).
We are also trying a new recipe on Wednesday and I will let you all know on next week's menu post how it was and if everyone enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Mom24 said...

It looks yummy! Thanks for posting. I like to do leftovers for DH too.

DEHausfrau said...

Welcome to MPM! I'm looking forward to spring and fresh produce, too.

Thanks for sharing your menu and have a great week.

My menu is up at Don't Eat Baby.

Laura said...

Hey! Another Laura here! I am also REALLY looking forward to our farmer's market!! I love being able to buy locally grown fresh organic produce!!

Laura said...

Just popping to say welcome to MPM!