Monday, March 9, 2009

Discombobulated

I'm all whacked out. I knew daylight savings time would mess up my kids as it always does, but I wasn't prepared for it to mess me up, too.

We DID remember there would be a time change and we DID set alarms for church on Sunday. So imagine my surprise when Michael woke me up Sunday morning and said we had overslept (fortunately, only by 30 minutes). What... Knowing that I've taught myself how to sleep thru Michael's alarm clock, I never set mine, I always set the alarm on my phone. Saturday night I checked my phone to make sure it would update the time change automatically and then set the alarm, only thing is it didn't update when it was suppose to. By the time it updated, I was already in the shower.

The day didn't get much better from there. We ended up not going to church because Rachael and Eli were coughing uncontrolably. And everyone was just cranky for most of the day.

Later in the evening, after dinner, I went out to run a few errands and my day just got worse. I ended up not getting to go to the two places I really wanted to go (thrift store and Michael's) because they were closed. The extended daylight fooled me and it was later than I thought. GAH!

When I got home (around 9:30), Eli was STILL awake. Michael had put him to bed normal time, but with the time change, his body thought it was only 7:00. We expected it to be a little while before he went to sleep, but it actually ended up being nearly 10:30 and that includes LOTS of discipline to get him to stay in bed.

Yesterday was a very exhausting day....whew.

Thankfully, today has been quite a bit better and I'm praying for a normal day tomorrow.

No comments: