Sunday, January 4, 2009

Milk a-plenty

I realized the other day as I was placing a bag of breastmilk in the freezer in the garage that the sight might be comical to others! Since I'm pumping exclusively for Rachael (because she won't nurse), I actually end up with quite a bit more milk than she actually drinks. So, here's what I see each time I open the freezer:

Including a few more bags in the door, that's a total of 65 bags of appx. 8 oz. each. I figured it up and it's enough to feed her for 2.5 weeks!! I love knowing that even if I were to be ill and need to take a medication that isn't safe for Rachael, she will still have the best source of nutrition!!!

4 comments:

(de)Caffeinated Mom said...

That is funny. You are milk makin machine! Go you. Grace just stopped nursing after 12 weeks and so I pumped for several more weeks then just switched to formula. We were moving back to Springfield and all of that at the time and it was just too much. I only was able to give Hope the first 3 days of breast milk. It is just really hard for me for reasons I won't go into right here on blogger! =) And they are growing up way too fast!! Hope will be 12 months old on Thursday. Seems unreal.

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

That's crazy!! How awesome though. (And cheap in case you ever do need to use it all at once!)

Nicole said...

That is awesome. You certainly produce quite a bit.

valley view farm said...

You're a good momma!

but, I don't know what your going to feed the rest of the family for dinner!!