Monday, January 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 1/26

Wow! I've been away from the blogosphere too long. The kids and I enjoyed our time visiting my family in FL, but it's always good to be back home in familiar surroundings and your own bed!

I'll have some posts up in the next couple of weeks of some things we did on our trip with some photos, but today it's back to the grind.

I'm not quite sure what Michael ate while I was away. I really didn't leave him much to choose from and there is absolutely NO food in this house today (he assures me he did go to the store a couple times...). This morning I took some time to write out my menu plan and hefty grocery list for the next 2 weeks.

Week of 1/26.

Monday - no clue. We'll scrape together whatever bits and pieces are in the freezer and pantry and just nibble on those things. MUST go grocery shopping.
Tuesday - Tacos with homemade salsa
Wednesday - Crockpot chicken, steamed broccoli, yeast rolls
* Make yeast rolls
* Soak beans
Thursday - Crockpot navy bean soup with homemade bread
* Make bread
Friday - Grilled cheese, tomato soup
Saturday - Salad (with whatever fresh veggies I can find in the grocery store) with baked chicken nuggets
Sunday - I'm going to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's in the morning and Michael is going back to the same place in the afternoon for the Super Bowl (kind of a girls morning out and a guys afternoon out - sans kids)

Week of 2/2

Monday- Chicken nachos (leftover chicken from the crockpot chicken), steamed corn
* Thaw elk steaks
* Soak brown rice
Tuesday - Elk steaks with gravy, brown rice, yeast rolls
* Make yeast rolls
* Thaw ground beef
Wednesday - Spaghetti, steamed veggies
* Make pigs-in-blankets for freezer
Thursday - Veggie soup with homemade bread
* Make bread
Friday thru Monday we may be out of town in Oklahoma for Rachael's dedication - if it doesn't work out I'll figure out a menu for those days also.

Be sure to check out Laura's site for all the other wonderful menu plans for this week.

No comments: