Sunday, October 19, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 10/20


Whew! It's been a hectic 6 weeks.... I'm finally getting my ducks in a row and getting back to menu planning since Rachael was born!

We were so very blessed to have meals provided from the time I got out of the hospital, nearly every day for TWO weeks! We have some amazing church friends and some wonderful co-workers of Michael! After that we had the freezer meals I had prepared and those lasted us almost 3 weeks. I think, until this past week, I only prepared 3 meals!! It was absolutely a blessing to not have to worry about what I was going to feed the clan when I felt like I was barely keeping my head above water as it was.

I'm finally feeling like my old self again and spent about an hour making my meal plan on Thursday because I knew I had to get to the grocery store before Michael left for 2 weeks - he left today.

Oh, and let me just say once I took stock of my fridge and pantry, I was absolutely appalled at how much junk and processed food we had - including WHITE sugar..... where did that come from? And poptarts - GAH!

One more thing - I'm off dairy for the time being because Rachael seems to have lots of tummy trouble when I have dairy - so anywhere you see dairy listed, I am either skipping that item or if it's something Eli already eats, I already use rice milk as a replacement because of his dairy issues.

So, it's back to the good stuff now (except some fun stuff for the kids on Monday and Tuesday):

Monday:
~ Grilled cheese, fruit
Tuesday:
~ Chicken nuggets, baked tater tots, fruit
Wednesday:
* Thaw meat for Thursday
~ Not sure - driving to Denver to pick up my grandmother from airport and won't be back until right at dinner time
Thursday:
~ Tacos with all the trimmings
Friday:
* Prep chicken and get into crockpot
* Make bread
* Make shortcake
* Thaw meat for Saturday - trying bison
~ Roast chicken, steamed broccoli, bread
Saturday:
* Make chicken broth
* Soak pinto beans
~ Meatloaf (bison), potatoes, corn, bread
Sunday:
* Make refried beans
* Thaw fish for Monday
~ Chicken nachos (using leftover roast chicken), refried beans, cheese, homemade salsa, sour cream
Be sure to visit our host for more wonderful weekly meal plans!

No comments: