Sunday, August 17, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - August 17

Ahh, I think I might see the light at the end of my tunnel of life overwhelming me! Since Michael only has softball now (he's taking this term off school since we're having a baby in under 4 weeks!) I feel a smidge better about being able to get myself back to normal - just read the post linked above and you'll understand!


Since our lives have been totally chaotic and Michael was only eating at home a few nights a week, I was just making quick meals for the kids and I so now I'm getting back to making regular meals so he can have leftovers for work rather than scrounging around for something each morning..... I know, I'm a slacker!


Tonight we had navy bean soup (I would have made cornbread to go with it but Michael doesn't eat it....) We've had much cooler weather the last few days (in the 60's) and I thought a nice hearty soup would be just the ticket. And oh my, how wonderful this was! It was incredibly yummy and sooooo easy. I didn't have an onion, so I just added extra carrot and celery, and it was very tasty!! I had enough left to freeze some for when the baby arrives and one lunch for Michael and one lunch for me.

*Monday - Baked tilapia with rice and yeast rolls. I'm also going to try out this recipe for homemade soft pretzels.
*Tuesday - Salad (lettuce, tomatoes and jalapeno's from our garden and whatever other veggies I have on hand to add in) topped with baked chicken
*Wednesday - Zucchini parmesean (if I can get some nice zucchini at the Farmer's Market on Tuesday evening)
*Thursday - I won't be home, so Michael and the kids will have leftovers or something dad-friendly to prepare
*Friday - Shrimp pasta (this is a prepackaged thing, I know - shoot me now!)
* Saturday - Bean and cheese nachos over yellow corn tortilla chips - served with tomatoes/salsa and jalapeno's
* Sunday - More salad, maybe with tuna or more baked chicken


Lunches will be leftovers for Michael, and there's enough navy bean soup to provide one lunch for me, as well. We'll fill in the rest of the days with grilled cheese sandwiches, salad, eggs and turkey sandwiches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lookin' menu! I wish I lived in your part of the world- 60 degree weather?!? I wish!

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything sounds so delicious. Our family just loves the hot pretzel recipe from Heavenly Homemakers. That has become our favorite snack!

I have been craving soup lately myself. We have been having similar weather and I think I'm ready for fall.