Sunday, August 24, 2008

Menu plan Monday - 8/25


I hope everyone had a wonderful weeked!
I have to say that I'm glad I wrote out my menu plan a few hours ago because I have a terrible headache and Michael had to go back to work this evening - it's end of year crunch (end of fiscal year for the military) and he's (along with everyone else) putting in lots of extra hours, thankfully he doesn't usually put in his extra hours until the late evening, but he will go in most nights from around 8-11 for the next several weeks..... It seems like I never see that man! But I'm planning on him being home for dinner every night, so I'm planning regular meals (at least for this week!).
* Monday: Spaghetti with yeast rolls
* Tuesday: Crockpot whole chicken with steamed veggies and mashed potatoes - I'll freeze the extra chicken and we should get at least 2 more meals out of it
* Wednesday: Breakfast burritos (scrambled eggs, salsa, jalapenos, tomatoes and cheese) for the adults and pancakes for the kids
- Take meat out to thaw for Thursday
* Thursday: Meatloaf with green beans and leftover mashed potatoes
* Friday: Homemade pizza night (philly cheesesteak!!)
- Take meat out to thaw for Saturday
* Saturday: Sloppy joes
* Sunday: Zucchini parmesean (carry over from last week)
Must go now, the headache is getting the better of me and the kids still have 20 minutes before bedtime...
Be sure to check out Laura's site for more wonderful menus for the coming week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks great! I think Friday pizza night is very popular :)
Hope you feel better soon.

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Looks like a yummy week!

My Menu Plan

Kristi said...

Philly cheese steak pizza? How cool! Blessings to you!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! We are having spaghetti tonight, too, and meatloaf tomorrow! :D

Audra Krell said...

Ah those last 20 minutes can feel like hours - yes? My boys are older now, but I remember those moments before bed dragging at times! : ) I notice you mention Denver, I grew up in Colorado Springs.