Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rachael's first hike

I'm so glad our weather has turned nice, we were really itching to do some hiking and exploring and today was the perfect day. Michael took the afternoon off, so it was a great time for us to get out. We drove out to Cheyenne Canyon and set off on one of the trails.
Today was Rachael's first hike (she was born late last summer) and she LOVED every bit of it! I wore her in the Beco Butterfly II (this was her first time on my back) and it was wonderful!


The boys adore this time of "exploring" and it is so good for them to have a change of scenery to explore and just be boys. Of course, they still make this mama's heart skitter when they get too close to the swift river many feet below or they try running downhill, but they are amazingly well behaved when we are on these walks.

Aren't these the cutest boys? They definitely fill my life with finer things.

2 comments:

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Rachel looks so happy in her backpack. And I think that where you LIVE must be a Finer Things. Gorgeous!

Thanks for linking up. ;-)

designHER Momma said...

I am totally itching to do something fun like this! You have me inspired!